Friday, December 10, 2010

The one with the SC book

Finally I have been able to finish Manhattan GMAT SC guide. With 9 chapters, great examples and lot of English grammar concepts it is undoubtedly the best Sentence correction guide on the planet.
Now I have to focus towards practicing Verbal : Sentence correction, Reading Comprehension and Critical Reasoning. I personally feel there are no specific rules in RC and CR, it is all about practice practice practice. In SC, I always feel one needs to set a "correct method' reference. Otherwise , It is like shooting in the dark. MGMAT SC guide is my reference. Though, I already feel that I am beginning to forget certain rules ( especially the idioms.. I just can't memorize them). Yesterday on the net, I was able to find MGMAT flash cards. One more summarized kick ass material to read, especially during office hours ;).

So, the target for the coming week will be something like this :-
OG 12 Verbal section: Accuracy expected around 85 percentile.
MGMAT Flash cards : contains some cool SC and CR concepts. Nice to make a strong foundation.

85 %ile might look like a stretch but I have been to various forums and seen Indian applicants literally destroy the GMAT. The competition is fierce and I cannot leave even a single stone unturned. We desi janta ( read Indian people) are a very competitive lot. One needs to be at his best game to stay ahead otherwise very quickly you can become one of the 'Also ran'.

One more thing, I am enjoying this sense of purpose once again. All the time, there is this urgency to do something and not waste time on the distractions( read FB). But as some great man said - Nothing is permanent, so lets see how long I can keep focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment