Friday, December 3, 2010

Profile Evaluation

Today morning I got a reply on my profile evaluation request on gmatclub. Unlike some other evaluations, this one by Robbie was a detailed one. He pointed out the following:
-> Get a GMAT score around 750 to really stand out
-> Take leadership roles in your ECs. ( adcoms wants to see initiatives and impact not just passive involvement)
-> As I have no international experience, focus on your travel across India and the diversity you experienced across the nation.
-> Identify the right schools for you on the basis of your study style(case based, experimental learning, Lectures), location preference and career goals.

I already had some realization of my weak areas but it is a funny feeling when you get to hear the same from the other person. It is like somewhere you are thinking maybe it is not that difficult, not that competitive but when you hear it from an expert then you just cannot find excuses ( not a very good habit, right?). Well at least the last cobwebs in my brain have been cleaned up and I know what I have to do.
GMAT preparation is underway. I do not know if I can get 750 but I have a 'must reach' score in mind. On the EC front, I need to get more involved in my NGO work. ( I have been out of touch for a while now). As for the schools, I have a list in mind but that requires a separate post.

Well back to GMAT preparation, I came across a very good article on Subjunctive mood on beatthegmat. It is one of the trickiest topic on the gmat and it requires special attention. One needs to keep in mind two situations: Hypothetical scenarios & demands and proposed ideas. ( look at the article and go through Manhattan GMAT SC guide)

Anyways, Liverpool is playing against Steaua Bucharest and leading by 1-0. Go REDS. Liverpool did not qualify for Champions League this year but I guess we can salvage some pride by winning Europa League. After all it is my second favorite team after FC Barcelona.

No comments:

Post a Comment